We have researched and made the list of best drones for filming 4k videos. If you are a professional video producer or just want to buy drones that could give the best 4k experience for your daily life chaos.
Or you are simply bored from the typical remote flying drone that is not recording good quality videos. This list contains best drones with the camera that can record 4k videos which are like watching the live seen by your own eyes.
Choosing drones for filming is a very difficult decision to take because there are a lot of marketers out there that they don’t offer best drones for filming 4k videos. But they are just wasting your time. After reading this complete article you will be fully satisfied and will pick one drone for filming.
- 1 Best Drones For Filming 4K Videos Reviews:
- 1.1 #6 DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone 4K UHD
- 1.2 Product Specifications
- 1.3 Features
- 1.4 Uses
- 1.5 Average customer reviews
- 1.6 The final word
- 1.7 #5 Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone with 4K Camera For Filming 4K Videos:
- 1.8 #4 DJI CP.BX.000103 Inspire 1 v2.0 Quadcopter with 4K Camera
- 1.9 #3 iDrones 2 for filming 4k videos:
- 1.10 #2 UPair One Plus 4K Camera, Quadcopter Drone
- 1.11 #1 DJI Inspire 1 Pro Drone
- 1.12 How To Select A Best Drone With A Camera?
- 1.13 In Conclusion To Buying Best Drones For Filming 4K Videos:
- 2 Best Drones Under 50 – Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Best Drones Under 100 Of 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Best Drones Under 200 – Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Best Drones Under 300 – Buyer’s Guide
- 6 Best Drones For Filming 4K Videos – Buyer’s Guide
- 7 Top 10 Best Drones For Kids – Drones That Kids Really Loves
Best Drones For Filming 4K Videos Comparison Table:
|#2||DJI Inspire 1 v2.0||20 Minutes||3.2|
|#3||GoPro Karma||20 Minutes||3.4|
|#4||UPair One Plus 4K||18 Minutes||4.2|
|#5||DJI Inspire 1 Pro||18 Minutes||3.7|
Best Drones For Filming 4K Videos Reviews:
#6 DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone 4K UHD
Buying the best drone with camera may not always mean spending thousands of dollars. The DJI Phantom tops the list for many people and comes in at less than $1500 dollars. One of the reasons that this drone is considered the best drone for photography by many of its owners is its unique Vision Positioning system and full control app. The DJI website has a current list of tablets and phones that the app is compatible with so you can stream your video or control the drone completely from your mobile device.
Designed as an out of the box flight capable drone the DJI Phantom comes with pre-charged batteries. It comes with all charging and data cords needed, full documentation, specialized landing pads and anti-drop kit. The overall shipping weight is just over 9 pounds and there are a variety of shipping speeds available for this product.
The DJI Phantom comes with a list of features that are in high demand for top of the line drones. These features include:
- Video recording delivers multiple resolution with consistent 24 fps using 4X UHD
- 3-axis stabilized gimbal
- Outdoor or Indoor stable flight capable with proprietary positioning system
- Digital streaming is enable using Lightbridge technology
- 720p video
- Video can be streamed or recorded to microSD card
- Out of the box operation possible with pre-charged flight battery
- Includes rechargeable remote controller
- Options for expanded or backup battery available
- iOS and Android app provides for full control and live streaming.
Please note that the DJI Phantom does not come with a microSD card. The Vision Positioning system allows for flight indoors without GPS and the camera and flight may be controlled via the app or the remote control.
The DJI Phantom is designed for indoor or outdoor use. With the stabilized gimbal, flying in high winds will still return stable images. The Vision Positioning means you can fly this drone indoors as well. The drone is ideal for outdoor flight exploration for work sites, open areas and as a monitoring device for private property. Indoors it can assist with security, monitoring or provide different angles of footage for outdoor events. This drone must obey the current flying restrictions. You cannot fly it within 15 feet of the White House air space. Make sure that you stay up on the latest flying restrictions for drones so that you do not get into trouble using this versatile product.
Average customer reviews
Customers have proven to be more than willing to leave reviews on this product after a few flights. Combined with the updated reviews from those who have put a few hundred hours on the drone an overall consensus about its performance begins to emerge.
- Reading all of the product documentation is recommended to reduce the risk of crashes in the beginning. The flight system is easy to master, but only after all the training documentation has been read.
- Most customers recommend buying backups of batteries and the rechargeable remote. While the batteries are considered to offer comparable flight times to other drones in this class, the rechargeable remote is not something that most customers like. They would prefer a battery operated charge, but the problem is resolved with having a backup, fully charged remote when in the field.
- The DJI Pilot app gets high marks from almost all of the reviewers. It should be noted that the consensus is that the app does have a learning curve, but once you are used to it has an intuitive feel that makes indoor or outdoor control and streaming effective.
- The fps rate for all levels of filming came in at 24, which was satisfactory to everyone.
- Props are not interchangeable and the microSD card is not included. Customers recommend having extra props on hand and buying the card before flying even if you think you will only stream images. The capacity for still images tends to lead to wanting to store saved images.
The final word
There are several things you should look for when reading any camera drone review, the basic features are important but so are the overall consensus of the users. When we looked at the DJI Phantom we came away with overall satisfaction with the product for the price charged. The basic recommendations were to make sure you have a spare or backup of anything possible to promote ease of use. Battery life was rated as high, and the only real downside mentioned was that DJI did not have the best customer service around. For the product itself, it is reliable and versatile in applications. For the price, this is one of the top choices for a camera equipped drone.
#5 Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone with 4K Camera For Filming 4K Videos:
The X-star premium drone is the very sophisticated drone for filming because it has many great features. The best feature I liked the most is you can view the live filming of 4k videos with StarLink app from away as 1.2 miles. You can capture 12 megapixels of photos from the top.
The flying of X-star premium drone is very easy you can learn it very quickly. One of the best features it has just pushed the button on remote and it can fly to the home by itself. It has secure-fly technology which can fly on small altitude, indoor and outdoor.
If you are searching for the best drones for filming 4k videos then X-Star premium is the best drone for filming 4k videos.
- 4K Ultra HD video camera with quick-release 3-axis gimbal stabilizer
- HD Live View up to 1.2 miles away and autonomous flight modes via the free Starlink app for iOS or Android (mobile device sold separately)
- Dual GPS/GLONASS outdoor navigation, SecureFlyTM magnetic interference protection, and the Starpoint
- Positioning SystemTM
- Intuitive remote controller with LCD display and one-touch action buttons
- Included accessories: Premium hard case, 64-GB MicroSD card, intelligent battery, 1-hour fast charger, spare propellers and small parts
- Backed by Autel Robotics customer support: U.S. based, seven days a week
#4 DJI CP.BX.000103 Inspire 1 v2.0 Quadcopter with 4K Camera
As looking for the best drones for filming 4k videos then DJI Inspire breaks the record by continuously giving the best result in the past. Because DJI Inspire is the best drones with the camera. One of the best drones of their production is DJI CP.BX.000103 Inspire 1 v2.0 Quadcopter because of its fantastic cool features. It has 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizes Camera which is one of the best in the market.
This camera can record 4k videos and can take photos up to 12 megapixels which are the tremendous quality a professional drone ever have. This drone have flight stabilizing features which make it able to fly at low altitudes and also can fly pretty good indoor.
- Capture 4K Video and 12MP Stills
- 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizes Camera
- Up to 1.2 Mile Radio Range, GPS-Based Flight Control System, Vision Positioning for Indoor Flying, Live 720p
- HD Monitoring with Lightbridge
- Thrust-Boosted Motors / New Propellers, Retractable Carbon Fiber Arms, Unobstructed 360° Shooting, Dual
- Transmitter Operation Supported
#3 iDrones 2 for filming 4k videos:
Idrones are one of the best drones for filming 4k videos because of its very best flight stabilizing abilities. The idrones 2 is very popular drones for filming right now in the market. professionals like this drones because it can record video the best resolution and the clarity of the video output is something outstanding.
The design is very much appealing that can attract the viewers on which this drone is hovering. This drone for filming 4k videos is recommended by us because if you are not able to buy the professional drones which have a price more than 1000$. This professional drone is much affordable.
- The frequency of RC receiver system is 2.4GHz
- The frequency of image transmission is 5.8GHz
- 6900mAh Battery
#2 UPair One Plus 4K Camera, Quadcopter Drone
It is on the second position in the list of best drones for filming 4k videos because of its cool features that are user-friendly for beginners. The 7-inch screen gives the live view of the 4k camera. The feature one key to the home is very impressive at all. This drone for filming is very good because of 4k HD recording. The design is very eligant.
- First Person View 7-inch screen gives the real-time streaming live view on the controller.
- 4K HD Integrated Gimbal Camera.Perfect for shooting Video or taking photos.
- Position Hold Mode Headless Mode Altitude Hold Mode switched easily. One key Return to Home.
- Large capacity with 5400mAh battery enables up to approx.19 minutes flight time.
#1 DJI Inspire 1 Pro Drone
Inspired by high-end filmmaking equipment the world over and also its cousins the DJI Ronin and Ronin-M, this new look adds style and gravitas to the already head-turning Inspire 1 and allows it to fit in neatly on a film set.
AERIAL IMAGING EVOLVED The DJI Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 1 RAW are the smallest, easiest professional aerial filmmaking platforms in the world. They combine DJI’s unparalleled leadership in aerial technology with world-class M4/3 imaging capabilities. Because of this cool features, it is the number one of the list of best drones for filming 4k videos.
- New propeller and installation kits feature a smoother, even more reliable locking mechanism
- The new motor’s performance has also been improved, providing a greater sense of control
- Ready-to-fly aerial system
- 4K camera and 3-axis stabilization gimbal (Zen muse X5)
How To Select A Best Drone With A Camera?
Selecting drone with a camera is not easy as it may seem to you. Some people who don’t know about the consequences of buying a wrong drone with a camera may not be aware of the nature and amount of loss they’ll have to face. In order to help all of you, who are seeking help to pick up the right drone camera, here we have compiled some important steps that you should follow to make a right decision and to pick the best drone with a camera.
Due to the fact there is a wide range of drone cameras that are available and all of them come with a varied set of features and qualities depending upon the purposes they can serve. You should have a sufficient knowledge to select the one that suits you the best. But the question is how we can decide about a product when there are a number of competitors of that product with more or less same features and options?
So, to ease out your ambiguity, here is a list of parameters you can use to sort out the one that is best for you:
The first thing that you should be clear about and make up your mind, is the type of drone with a camera you need to purchase. Whether you need a beginner type or a pro level drone. You can also choose between large sized drones and small sized drone cameras. The usual practice is to look for small sized drones with camera because of its easy use.
The next comes the design of the drone. You should look for the structure and how it has been designed to give you a smooth flight and easy landing having a proper landing stand and availability of wing guards if you need a best drone with camera for beginners.
The special features
You can also look for its special features like the presence of a protection guard around propellers for a safe flight, lights below each of the four propellers for a safe flight at night, extra SD card for video and picture storage. Customizable camera placement and an ability to be controlled via smart phone devices and apps. All these special features make the use of the drone with a camera easier.
Ease of returning your drone back to you
You should always look for a drone that has a safe landing design with the presence of a well designed stand at the bottom side and also if there is an autopilot return feature then it would be a plus for you. Though its there, in most of the drones.
Indoor and outdoor functions
In case you need a multipurpose drone that can easily be used indoors as well as outdoors for shooting videos and taking pictures, then you should make it sure that it has both features. Or else if you need to fly only outdoors or only indoors, you can skip one of them and get the one that is most suitable for that particular setting.
The Range you need to cover
You should also be aware of the range you will require to cover. There are plenty of varied options available regarding the range of the drone and you can select the one that fulfills the requirements.
Then comes the brand. If you have got a specific brand in your mind and need to buy a drone of that brand, then you should first compare all the brands that are closer to or better than the brand of your choice. It will help you sort out the best product and you may find a better one than you were thinking before.
The drones have a wide range of prices and the prices vary, depending upon the material used in them, the features offered and the extent to which their functions can be customized for your convenience. If you are on a budget, you can select a drone that has a lower number of extra features or is a simple drone with straight forward functions. Well, if you can spend for the extra features, then you can buy an expensive one also.
Technical support and tool kit
You should also look for the possibilities regarding the repair or replacement offers. If the product you have got come with proper technical support and necessary tools, then it would definitely give you a peace of mind.
In Conclusion To Buying Best Drones For Filming 4K Videos:
If you are going to film 4K videos then you should keep few things in mind. First, don’t compromise on your budget, second, choose the drone which has best features among all.
It is confirmed that a decent drone for shooting 4K videos will be an expensive one. So, choose the drone after researching till the last breathe.
We tried the same while putting this list of best drones for shooting 4k videos. Hope we were able to suggest the best models out of the box. If you have any better, please let us know.
If you liked our recommendations, please share this guide with your friends. Thanks for visiting, have a great day.